Lingo Sorcery: The Magic of Lists, Objects and Intelligent Agentsby Peter Small
Have you wanted to acquire that essential programming edge which will allow you to harness the full power of lists and objects? Are you looking to create innovative Director products for the Internet at the highest level of technical expertise? Have you reached that stage of using Lingo where the only next step you can take is to finally understand object-oriented… See more details below
Have you wanted to acquire that essential programming edge which will allow you to harness the full power of lists and objects? Are you looking to create innovative Director products for the Internet at the highest level of technical expertise? Have you reached that stage of using Lingo where the only next step you can take is to finally understand object-oriented programming?
If you have said "yes" to any of the above, you have the right book in your hands. It is the first choice of both professionals and learners alike and is the most frequently recommended book on the Director User Internet forums for understanding the black art of OOPS and taking Lingo programming to areas the manuals never reach.
What readers said about the first edition...
• ...for my money it's the best Director book in the market.
• Lingo Sorcery is amazing. It's not a "how to" book per se, (though it has lots of how to in it) it's a "how to" book with a lot of accompanying thoughts on how most effectively to think about OOP and multimedia design from an organic point of view.
• In my opinion, Lingo Sorcery is easily the best info on OOP for Lingo.
• I am finally starting to get the hang of OOPing, but I heard Peter's book is awesome.
• See some crazy (but interesting) examples of ways to use OOP with Lingo, read Lingo Sorcery by Peter Small. It's amazing. It will really get your creative juices flowing.
This second edition covers two major advances in Director which have opened up new vistas to users. Behaviors are easy to conceptualize, and allow those who have very little programming knowledge to design in an object-oriented programming (OOP) style. The new Application Programming Interface (API) introduced along with a set of Net Xtras has transformed Director from a closed application into an open system-allowing it to become the new killer app for the Internet and the Web.
Peter Small has again employed his unique powers of explanation and analogy to help Director users who have no technical, programming background, to think and understand Lingo's OOP functionality, expanding the envelope of Director even beyond the visions of its creators.
Visit Peter's Website: http://www.avatarnets.com
Visit our Website: http://www.wiley.com/compbooks
Peter Small is also the author of the groundbreaking book Magical A-Life Avatars and the award winning cult CD-ROM How God Makes God.
[BARCODE/ISBN 0 471 98615 1]
JOHN WILEY & SONS
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.25(w) x 7.50(h) x 1.21(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >