I. FOUNDATIONS: INTEGRATING LITERACY AND THE ARTS.
1. A Developmental Perspective on Literacy and the Arts: Alternative Ways of Knowing.
2. The Context: Integrating Theory and Practice.
3. Creativity: An Essential Ingredient for Literacy and the Arts.
4. Visualization Activities: The Ignition Key.
II. EXPRESSION: CURRICULUM EXPERIENCES IN THE ARTS.
5. Art and ChildrenÕs Literature: The Vision.
6. Living and Loving Poetry.
7. Drama: Bringing Ideas to Life.
8. The Singing of Songs.
9. Photography: An Alternative Way of Seeing.
10. Dance: The Most Ancient of Arts.
III. APPRECIATION: PERCEIVING AND VALUING.
11. Talking and Writing about Picasso (and Others).
12. Classical Music: Wings for the Soul.
Appendix: A Bibliography of Children's Literature about the Arts.