- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Jamestown Adapted Literature provides grade-specific collections of literature adapted to lower reading levels. Engage your students with accessible literature and, with the innovative “My Workspace” feature, an interactive environment in which students can answer questions and fill in graphic organizers while they read. Jamestown Adapted Literature even features an “English Coach” for ELL students, allowing all students appropriate access to the same literature.
- Selections that are "must-have" selections in grade-level literature study are included.
- All genres are represented, including short stories, myth/folktale, drama/epic, and nonfiction.
- "English Coach" feature helps ELL students become language detectives.
- Interactive side-margin notes help students monitor reading comprehension, reinforce vocabulary, and build background knowledge.
- End-of-selection assessments, in multiple-choice format, provide practice for state reading tests.
The False Gems / Guy de Maupassant
The Boar Hunt / Jose Vasconcelos
The Censors / Luisa Valenzuela
Appetizer / Robert Abel
Catch the Moon / Judith Ortiz Cofer
A Sound of Thunder / Ray Bradbury
Through the Tunnel / Doris Lessing
Marigolds / Eugenia Collier
A Raisin in the Sun / Lorraine Hansberry
Le Morte d’Arthur / Thomas Malory
Where the Girl Rescued her Brother / Joseph Bruchac & Gayle Ross
Yuki-Onna / Lafcadio Hearn
The Angry Winter / Loren Eiseley
An American Childhood / Annie Dillard
By Any Other Name / Santha Rama Rau
Farewell to Manzanar / Jeanne & James Houston