Litigation Strategies for Government Contracts, 2014 ed.: Leading Lawyers on Understanding the False Claims Act, Filing Bid Protests, and Working with Government Agencies (Inside the Minds)by Multiple Authors
Litigation Strategies for Government Contracts provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on effectively litigating government contract disputes. Featuring experienced partners from law firms across the nation, these experts encourage readers to prepare early for litigation in the wake of recent legislation, such as the Contract Disputes Act. These top… See more details below
Litigation Strategies for Government Contracts provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on effectively litigating government contract disputes. Featuring experienced partners from law firms across the nation, these experts encourage readers to prepare early for litigation in the wake of recent legislation, such as the Contract Disputes Act. These top lawyers offer insights on analyzing the impact of increased bid protests, determining recoverable costs in convenience terminations, and utilizing alternatives to litigation when appropriate, including negotiation and ADR. From navigating changes to the False Claims Act to monitoring the effects of sequestration, these experts divulge strategies for responding to challenging trends in the government contracts arena. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this ever-changing legal field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Michael A. Branca and Lori Ann Lange, Partners, Peckar & Abramson PC"Risks and Strategies in Government Contract Litigation"
2. Sidney F. Ansbacher, Senior Shareholder, GrayRobinson PA"Navigating Government Contract Pitfalls"
3. Richard J. Webber, Partner, Arent Fox LLP"Litigating Claims and Protests Against the Federal Government: Strategies to Followand Pitfalls to AvoidTo Increase the Client's Chances for Success"
4. Kirsten V. Mayer, Partner, Ropes & Gray LLP"The False Claims Act: Practical Tips for Responding to a FCA-Driven Investigation and the Impact of Recent Developments in the Law"
5. John S. Vento, Shareholder, Trenam Kemker Scharf Barkin Frye O'Neill & Mullis PA"Understanding Recent Changes in Government Contracts Law and their Impacts on Contractors and Subcontractors"
Appendix A: Bid Protests: An Increasingly Attractive Remedy In These Competitive Times
Appendix B: Active Carter
Appendix C: Active Science
Appendix D: Dispute Resolution and Administrative Claims Process (PN109 1/16/09)
Appendix E: Transportation Synthesis Report
Appendix F: ODOT Construction ADR Program
Appendix G Executive Order 98-01
- Thomson Reuters Westlaw; Aspatore
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.50(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.50(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >