Litigation Support Report Writing: Accounting, Finance, and Economic Issues / Edition 1by Jack P. Friedman, Roman L. Weil, Andrew Friedman
Pub. Date: 03/05/2003
Accounting, financial, and economic professionals are called upon to submit a variety of types of litigation reports under the auspices of performing as an expert witness. As these critical documents exhibit a unique style and structure, the expert must be aware not only of the most common types of litigation reports, but also of those reports that prove to be the
Accounting, financial, and economic professionals are called upon to submit a variety of types of litigation reports under the auspices of performing as an expert witness. As these critical documents exhibit a unique style and structure, the expert must be aware not only of the most common types of litigation reports, but also of those reports that prove to be the most effective and successful. Litigation Support Report Writing collects eighteen sample reports that professionals may consider using as references or templates for their own litigation submissions.
This comprehensive resource covers a wide range of litigation reporting topics, from business appraisal and employment litigation to family law and intellectual property. Experts also contribute reports on topics in personal injury, real estate, and securities litigation. Each chapter is an actual litigation report that was submitted to court, with the names of all pertinent parties and other identifying characteristics changed in order to "sanitize" the document. The authors represent a variety of financial disciplines and include accountants, appraisers, statisticians, and economists. In addition to the reports included within, Jack Friedman and Roman Weil’s unprecedented compilation includes a Web site with four additional reports (www.wiley.com/go/friedman). Litigation Support Report Writing:
- Makes more efficient use of time in preparing a litigation report
- Provides methods for achieving greater thoroughness and completeness in reporting
- Can be used to delegate report writing effectively and efficiently
- Includes tips on learning from other writers’ experiences
- Shows, above all, how the top experts conduct litigation reports
Friedman and Weil also include several rebuttal reports, as they play an important role in today’s litigation, wherein experts’ reports are subject to peer review and other challenges of validity.
All of the reports include a generous selection of damage models, graphic presentations, and other report content that readers may draw upon for ideas in their own projects. Litigation Support Report Writing proves a unique resource for this crucial professional function.
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.21(w) x 6.14(h) x 0.94(d)
Table of Contents
About the Editors.
About the Contributors.
Part I. Business Appraisal.
1. Valuation of a Manufacturing Facility (Mike Hill and Gerald A. Keller).
2. Valuation of Stock in a Corporation (David N. Fuller).
Part II. Employment Litigation.
3. Employment Discrimination (Ali Saad).
4. Wrongful Discharge (Roman L.Weil).
Part III. Family Law.
5. Child and Spousal Support (John D. Zante).
6. Valuation and Apportionment of Community and Separate Business Interests (Donald Gursey and Tracy Farryl Katz).
7. Apportionment of Community and Separate Business Interests (Donald Gursey and Tracy Farryl Katz).
Part IV. Intellectual Property.
8. Intellectual Property/Equipment (Bruce McFarlane and Lilian Quah).
9. Intellectual Property/Software (Robert L. Vigil).
10. Trademark Misuse/Rebuttal (Jeffrey H. Kinrich).
Part V. Personal Injury.
11. Personal Injury (Holly Sharp).
12. Personal Injury/Rebuttal (Jack P. Friedman).
Part VI. Real Estate.
13. Real Estate Condemnation (Barry A. Diskin and Liz W. Citron).
14. Land Use/Zoning (Neil G. Carn).
15. Construction Claims (D. Paul Regan and Colin A. Johns).
16. Environmental Damages (Rudy R. Robinson, III).
Part VII. Securities Litigation.
17. Shareholders’ Suit against Corporation (David Tabak).
18. Shareholders’ Suit against Corporation/Rebuttal (K. Ramesh, Susan Hoag, Gaurav Jetley).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >