Little Salt Lick and the Sun Kingby Jennifer Armstrong, Jon Goodell
Illus. in full color by Jon Goodell. Little Salt Lick, the Second Assistant Rotisserie Turner in the Department of Roasted Meats at the court of King Louis XIV, is fed up. Every day the dogs of Versailles lie in wait for him until he finishes work, when they chase him through the palace trying to lick the salt from his sweaty arms. "Shoo!" he scoldsto no avail. Then, after a banquet, King Louis's precious poodle is missing. Everyone searches, but it is Little Salt Lick who finds Chou-Chou, resulting in a promotion.
- Random House Children's Books
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 1st ed
- Product dimensions:
- 9.52(w) x 10.57(h) x 0.37(d)
- Age Range:
- 5 - 8 Years
Meet the Author
* Jennifer Armstrong grew up outside of New York City, and attended Smith College in Massachusetts, where she studied English and American Literature.
* After a brief career stint in publishing, she began writing for teen romances, which led to a long time assignment as a ghost-writer for the popular Sweet Valley High and Sweet Valley Kids series.
* Jennifer's first picture book, Hugh Can Do (Crown), and her first novel, Steal Away (Orchard), were bought within a week of each other.
* Jennifer is lives in Saratoga Springs, New York.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >