Live It, Learn It: The Academic Club Approach for Students with Learning Disabilities and ADHD / Edition 1by Sally L. Smith
Pub. Date: 01/01/2005
Publisher: Brookes Publishing
Improve school success for students who have learning disabilities and ADHD with "Academic Clubs," the proven learning-by-doing approach presented in this energizing guidebook. See more details below
Improve school success for students who have learning disabilities and ADHD with "Academic Clubs," the proven learning-by-doing approach presented in this energizing guidebook.
- Brookes Publishing
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 9.70(h) x 0.50(d)
Table of Contents
- What is the Academic Club Methodology?
- Why the Academic Club Methodology Works for Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD
- How to Keep Students Engaged in Learning: Why Students Have Few Behavior Problems in Academic Clubs
- The Sequence of Academic Clubs at the Lab School and Baltimore Lab
- Using the Academic Club Methodology with Middle and High School Students
- Summer School Academic Club: Thematic Adaptation in Six Weeks
- Using Props and Teacher-Made Games
- How to Assess Students Using the Academic Club Methodology
- Start Your Own Academic Club- Here's How!
- Conversations with Club Leaders
- Academic Clubs Can Transform Schools: Dare We Do It?
Appendix A Teaching Approaches Designed for Different Behavior Characteristics
Appendix B Some Principles of Effective Group Management with Students with Learning Disabilities
Appendix C The Lab School of Washington and the Baltimore Lab
Academic Club Advisory Service
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >