- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
1. The text balances and integrates very well the historical development of Catholic Social Teaching, the core values of CST, and its application to present day and future societal issues.
2. The “Questions for Reflection” at the end of chapters is an excellent pedagogical feature. I will recommend to my students that they read the questions first in order to provide them a context in which to read the specific chapter.
3. For courses and programs that require a strong writing component, Massaro’s suggestions contained in the 'Topics for Further Research' provide a valuable assistance for both students and instructor.
4. The interdisciplinary nature of the text would be an excellent requirement for a 'Learning-Community”'project which links a Catholic Social Teaching course with an appropriate course in Political Science, Sociology or History or as a supplemental text in any course exploring Social Justice regardless of the discipline.
5. The text is extremely accessible to undergraduates, parish adult education programs and at the same time quite appropriate for the graduate level course.