"This book will give you excellent insight into the psychological stages of this severe illness and how to navigate them. A must-read for those who choose to reclaim control over their own lives!"
-- Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D., bestselling author of From Fatigued to Fantastic!
Although there is no known cure for fibromyalgia (FM), a combination of medicine and lifestyle changes can be very effective in managing and alleviating your symptoms. Living with Fibromyalgia introduces a revolutionary plan to help you adapt to this chronic illness. Divided into four steps, the plan involves:
- Assessing reactions to this life-disrupting illness
- Securing adequate professional and emotional care
- Rebuilding your life and your relationships with others
- Stabilizing fibromyalgia with stress and crisis management
Written by a lifelong FM survivor and a physician, this is the first book to address the unique social and emotional challenges presented by fibromyalgia.
Living with Fibromyalgia discusses how you can:
- Understand and manage your symptoms
- Overcome blocks, setbacks, and pitfalls
- Cope with the stigma of having a chronic illness
- Re-create a satisfying way of life for you and your family despite FM
- Rebuild your career and your social life
- Redefine your self-worth and more
Real stories from people living with FM are also featured. This empowering guide will help all those affected by FM build a more rewarding life.