Like an atlas, the LL.M. Roadmap: An International Student's Guide to U.S. Law School Programs provides a series of "roadmaps" to guide prospective LL.M. students through every step of their journey. From assessing your reasons to acquire an LL.M., to choosing an American law school, meeting financial and immigration challenges, and succeeding in law school and a career in law, the LL.M. Roadmap provides straightforward guidance, along with plenty of checklists and reference sources. In ten parts and 33 chapters, this valuable text offers a careful examination of every consideration and contingency for making important life decisions.
An indispensable guide for prospective LL.M. candidates, the LL.M. Roadmap features:
- information and analysis to help readers answer their most pressing questions, such as
- Should I worry about an LL.M. program's ranking and reputation?
- How do I get admitted to a U.S. LL.M. Program?
- What questions should I ask before accepting a U.S. law school's offer of admission?
- What kind of financial assistance is available? Can I work part-time during my LL.M. program?
- What will it take to succeed in a U.S. LL.M. program?
- practical guidance for navigating through the entire LL.M. experience
- degree and English-language proficiency requirements
- how U.S. law professors teach
- legal writing, research, and communication techniques
- determining whether extracurricular activities will help
- common immigration and student visa challenges and requirements
- employment and career advice
- numerous checklists and lists of resources