Lonely Planet Costa Ricaby Rob Rachowiecki, John Thompson
- Written by the
Costa Rica is brimming with rainforests, wildlife, volcanoes, and beaches, and this award-winning guide has all the facts you need for an adventurous trip. Find out about responsible traveling, where to spot a sloth, explore coral reefs or raft wild rapids, and -- no matter your budget -- how to enjoy all this magnificent country has to offer.
- Written by the award-winning travel writer and naturalist Rob Rachowiecki, this is the bestselling guide to Costa Rica
- Extensive notes on flora, fauna, and nature reserves, including a 36-page color wildlife guide with detailed descriptions
- Information on nature tours and outdoor activities such as bird watching, hiking, horse-riding, rafting and sailing
- Information on restaurants, accommodation, and transport options for a range of budgets
- Coverage of wildlife and white-water rafting, coral reefs and volcanoes
- 54 maps of cities, town, regions, and parks
- Comprehensive email and web site directory
- Spanish-language section
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
We used this book and we also used Explore Costa Rica by Harry Pariser. We found that Harry's book was much more complete, fun to read, and accurate. Lonely Planet can sometimes be overrated.
it's clueless, stupid !!
Recently we spent a month travelling around Costa Rica. This guidebook helped us explore the country from top to bottom. We may retire there someday, so we wanted to see the whole country.