Lonely Planet Finlandby Lonely Planet, Andy Symington, Fran Parnell
#1 best-selling guide to Finland*
Lonely Planet Finland is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike the striking terrain of Karhunkierros, browse various design shops in Helsinki, or glide down the slopes in a sled pulled by huskies; all with your trusted/b>/i>
#1 best-selling guide to Finland*
Lonely Planet Finland is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike the striking terrain of Karhunkierros, browse various design shops in Helsinki, or glide down the slopes in a sled pulled by huskies; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Finland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Finland Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including culture, history, painting, sculpture, literature, music, design, and politics
- Over 61 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), The Great Outdoors, and Travel with Children
- Coverage of Helsinki, Turku, Karelia, Tampere, Hame, the Lakeland, the Aland Archipelago, Oulu, Kainuu, Koillismaa, Lapland, Inari, Muonio, Rauma, Kemi, Kuopio, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Finland, our most comprehensive guide to Finland, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Scandinavia guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Andy Symington, and Fran Parnell.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Bestselling guide to Finland - Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, January 2011 to December 2011.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Very accurate descriptions. This book saved us so many times. I just wish I had more time to read everything before we left, but the info we needed was easy to find once we were there!
Im so sorry Deanna:,(
Very informative and written for great understanding