Lonely Planet New Zealandby Lonely Planet, Charles Rawlings-Way, Brett Atkinson, Sarah Bennett, Peter Dragicevich
#1 bestselling guide to New Zealand*
Lonely Planet New Zealand is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Behold Rotorua's bubbling geysers, hike past aquamarine bays and sparkling glaciers, or try abalone and other Maori favorites while overlooking Auckland's/b>/i>
#1 bestselling guide to New Zealand*
Lonely Planet New Zealand is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Behold Rotorua's bubbling geysers, hike past aquamarine bays and sparkling glaciers, or try abalone and other Maori favorites while overlooking Auckland's waterfront; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Zealand and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet New Zealand Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, environment, Maori customs, arts, music politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, wine, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out New Zealand map (included in print version), plus over 75 regional or neighbourhood maps
- Useful features - including Trekking Guide, What's New, and Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar)
- Coverage of Auckland, Bay of Islands, Coromandel Peninsula, Central Plateau, Rotorua, East Coast, Wellington, Marlborough, West Coast, Christchurch, Dunedin, Queenstown, Fiordland, Southland, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet New Zealand, our most comprehensive guide to New Zealand, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of New Zealand? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover New Zealand, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on just the North or South islands of New Zealand? Check out Lonely Planet's New Zealand's South Island guide or New Zealand's North Island guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these islands has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Charles Rawlings-Way, Brett Atkinson, Sarah Bennett, Peter Dragicevich, Lee Slater, Professor James Belich, Tony Horwitz, John Huria, Josh Kronfeld, Gareth Shute, Nandor Tanczos, and Vaughan Yarwood.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Bestselling guide to New Zealand. Source: Nielsen Bookscan. Australia, UK and USA, March 2011 to February 2012.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews