Lonely Planet Spanish Phrasebookby Izaskun Arretxe, Allison Jones
Now you can be more than the usual tourist - the secret is communication. And this phrasebook is the one to/p>
I watched them as they argued, told stories and laughed. I wanted to join them, talk with them, be more than the usual tourist. But what could I say? I stared into my paella, feeling gagged and lonely. 'Maybe I could impress them with my eyebrow trick..."
Now you can be more than the usual tourist - the secret is communication. And this phrasebook is the one to help you do it.
- covers all essential language and more, in an easy-to-use format
- two-way dictionary; local usage, slang; grammar and pronunciation guides
- conversation topics such as sport, current issues, environment, romance
- attractive illustrations and two-colour throughout
- specific needs include business, families, health, gay travellers
- includes chapters on Catalan, Galician and Basque
- the only phrasebook to thoroughly cover the languages of Sout-East Asia
- written by leading experts in each language
- script used throughout
- each word and phrase has a clear pronunciation guide alongside, to assist travellers with more difficult sounds
- additional cultural information provided
- detailed sections on the cuisine of each destination
- includes everyday expressions and colloquialisms to help "break the ice"
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
This truly is the best- it has everything you need, right down to lover's language and curse words (my personal favorite!). I had such fun teaching myself Spanish with this book, and I think all who are interested in the language should try it- after all, they don't teach you how to cuss in Spanish class!