- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Looking and Writing is an introductory guide for students asked to write a visual analysis for the first time. Written with the beginning student in mind, the text provides guidelines for the selection, analysis, and presentation of images found in museums, galleries, or online settings. Other chapters discuss the use of symbols and signs in communication and the cultural precepts of how we process visual information.
Looking and Writing includes:
1. Looking and Seeing.
2. Looking for Meaning.
3. Understanding Formal Elements.
4. Principles of Design and Composition.
5. Applying Art History's Tools.
6. Using the Internet to Look at Art.
7. Writing Your Essay.
8. Citing Sources and Resources.