- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Posted January 6, 2013
There are six stories in this anthology. I'm going to break down the review for each story. I will go over them in the order I read them. : )
1. "Far" is a zombie story. It's told from two points of view. It's very sad and also quite lovely. It has a unique twist that I didn't see coming. And I always enjoy that.
2. "The Witch Sea" was very interesting. It had an ending I wasn't expecting. Another exciting aspect to the stories in this anthology.
3. "Seek" was probably my favorite of these six. It was twisted and fantastic and all around amazing. I think I had some wicked laughter bubbling after that ending. Mmuuaahahahahaha!
4. "Our Lady of Wolves" is about a young girl who tries to save her dwindling village from an evil in the forest. She asks for the help of our lady of wolves, a spirit who others have stopped believing in, but we find out does exist.
5. "We Grow Accustomed to the Dark" was my least favorite in this anthology. I liked the characters and their relationship, but I felt like the ending was a bit abrupt.
6. "The Forever Star" was my other favorite. It was so beautiful it made me cry.
I really enjoyed the characters. And I enjoyed the worlds. Kinda. I say "kinda" because they were all unique and interesting, but... worlds ending, the earth being destroyed, the rapture... dangerous places that are fun to read about but not to visit. Haha!
Sarah Diemer writes some of the most interesting fiction I've read recently. Interesting and unique. With YA literature, it's rare to find an author that is constantly coming out with completely unique stories. There's something about them where you can tell the author is the same, but you won't feel like you've read them somewhere before. And that is quite refreshing!