Like its predecessors (Dream Big; O's Guide to Life), this collection of the best articles, interviews, advice, and inspiration from O, The Oprah Magazine belongs on your nightstands. Its contents cover a generous swath of topics and emotions: from non-nonsense mindset makeovers to light-hearted pieces and home decorating advice. A 320-page keeper.
Love Your Life: O's Handbook for Your Best Today--and Tomorrowby Editors of O, The Oprah Magazine
Have you ever wished you'd saved all the good advice you've received for the times you needed it most? In this brand-new collection from the pages of O, The Oprah Magazine, 93 contributors reveal what they know for sure about finding lasting happiness, making meaningful connections, getting through tough times in one piece, and giving a little something back to our communities and our world.
Whether you need a gentle nudge or a friendly-butfirm push in the right direction, the 106 motivating articles in Love Your Life! will give you the tools to live with purpose. You'll hear from award-winning writers (Elizabeth Gilbert, Amy Bloom, Anne Lamott, Junot Díaz), acclaimed entertainers (Ellen DeGeneres, Tina Fey, Jay-Z), and inspiring leaders (Michelle Obama, Donna Brazile). And of course, O's in-house panel of experts is on hand with indispensable advice: Dr. Oz distills the ten most important facts about your health you'll ever need to know, Dr. Phil gets your relationships back in shape, Suze Orman clears the way to financial freedom, and Martha Beck escorts you out of whatever rut you may be stuck in. As Oprah says, "When your life is on course with its purpose, you are your most powerful."
In every section, you'll find stories that illuminate and inform:
- What health and fitness advice can you really trust? Dr. David L. Katz lays out the tried-and-tested rules for eating right. We present the latest research on mastering your appetite, point you to the most reliable resources on the Web, and reconsider what "healthy" weight really means.
- When every day is so busy that it's tough to think straight, how do you find time for self-reflection? Some of our favorite writers offer ideas for refocusing your priorities. For Kelly Corrigan, it's all about concentrating on the small picture, while Alison Glock contemplates living a radically simplified life.
- Ever wondered how much inner strength and resilience you'd have in a soul-testing crisis? More than a decade after the shooting at Columbine High School shocked the nation, Susan Klebold, the mother of one of the shooters, speaks out about surviving unthinkable tragedy. Phoebe Zerwick chronicles one woman's pursuit of justice after the law failed to protect her family. And Bonnie Rochman shows how a mother turned the terrible loss of her newborns into an unexpected blessing.
- What are the secrets to finding and sustaining love? O's writers venture into the wilds of online dating, peer into the male brain, and learn to defuse a marital spat. Kim Barnes figures out whether we can really change another person, and Mary A. Fischer discovers that who we're attracted to can change dramatically over time.
- Oxmoor House
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.00(h) x 1.30(d)
Meet the Author
Every month, 16 million readers look to O, The Oprah Magazine for inspiration and advice to live by.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >