- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
For beginning students in LPN/LVN programs-Introduction to Nursing and Fundamentals of Nursing courses. Can also be used as a handy reference in Medical Surgical Nursing and throughout nursing school. This handbook is designed to help students learn the essential elements of topics that are central to their successful functioning as a professional practical or vocational nurse. A dependable companion throughout nursing education and beyond, it will help students keep feelings of being overwhelmed and frustrated to a minimum.
I. MAPPING FOR YOUR SUCCESS.
1. Recognizing Your Learning Style. 2. Time Management. 3. Study and Test-taking Skills. 4. Writing a Paper.
Using Resources Effectively.
5. Printed Resources. 6. Computers. 7. Consumer Groups and Health Information.
Special Performance Issues.
8. Legal Considerations. 9. Risk Management.
II. BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES.
12. Patient Teaching.
13. Critical Thinking.
14. Nursing Process and Clinical Pathways.
III. CORE ISSUES.
22. Death and Dying.
IV. CLINICAL COMPETENCIES.
23. Medication Issues and Drug Calculations.
24. Laboratory and Diagnostic Studies.
27. Infection Control.
28. Endocrine Highlights.
29. Highlights of Fluids, Electrolytes, and IV Infusion.
30. Basics of ABG's.
V. MAPPING FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUCCESS.
Requirements for Professional Practice.
31. Passing the NCLEX-PN.32. Job-seeking Skills.
Advanced Skills and Opportunities.
33. Leadership/Management Skills.34. Transitioning from Student Nurse to Graduate Nurse and Beyond.References.Index.