- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
LPN/LVN Student Nurse Handbook
Mapping Success: Core Concepts and Essential Skills Nancy Brown, Sandra M. Boyd, B. Gayle Twiname An essential guide throughout your nursing education
and a practical resource as a practicing professional!
A "must-have" resource for professional practical or vocational nursing students, the LPN/LVN Student Nurse Handbook is the answer when it comes to nursing questions - such as "What does this mean? Why do I have to know that?...". An engaging, reader-friendly writing style simplifies difficult concepts, maps out core concepts and essential issues and presents them in a clear, concise manner.
I. MAPPING FOR YOUR SUCCESS.
1. Recognizing Your Learning Style. 2. Time Management. 3. Study and Test-taking Skills. 4. Writing a Paper.
Using Resources Effectively.
5. Printed Resources. 6. Computers. 7. Consumer Groups and Health Information.
Special Performance Issues.
8. Legal Considerations. 9. Risk Management.
II. BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES.
12. Patient Teaching.
13. Critical Thinking.
14. Nursing Process and Clinical Pathways.
III. CORE ISSUES.
22. Death and Dying.
IV. CLINICAL COMPETENCIES.
23. Medication Issues and Drug Calculations.
24. Laboratory and Diagnostic Studies.
27. Infection Control.
28. Endocrine Highlights.
29. Highlights of Fluids, Electrolytes, and IV Infusion.
30. Basics of ABG's.
V. MAPPING FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUCCESS.
Requirements for Professional Practice.
31. Passing the NCLEX-PN.32. Job-seeking Skills.
Advanced Skills and Opportunities.
33. Leadership/Management Skills.34. Transitioning from Student Nurse to Graduate Nurse and Beyond.References.Index.