Lutheran Study Bible features the NRSV translation as well as introductions, notes, and articles written by over sixty Lutheran pastors and teaching theologians. This resource is designed to invite readers to experience the Bible and its message through solid background material, unique Lutheran insights, and opportunities for faith reflection. Reader-friendly, inviting, and engaging, this is the perfect study Bible for both youth and adults who want to encounter Scripture in a fresh and new way! Biblical text is 10 point font; study notes are 7 point font.
- Reader-friendly: With an attractive page layout and easy-to-read study notes, Lutheran Study Bible presents the biblical text in a fresh, approachable format. Plain-language notes assume little to no prior understanding of theological terminology, making it accessible to the youth and adults alike.
- Inviting: The rich study notes of Lutheran Study Bible invite discovery, providing helpful background information while actively encouraging the reader to directly engage the biblical text.
- Engaging: The combination of biblical text and study notes enable the reader to learn about the Bible's content and to hear God's Word as it was encountered by people in the Bible as well as how in now encounters us.
Study notes are grouped into four categories:
- The World of the Bible explores the historical, cultural, and geographic background of a particular passage.
- Biblical Concepts explain key words or themes in the context of other parts of Scripture.
- Lutheran Perspectives highlight Lutheran theological insights and catechetical connections drawn from particular passages.
- Faith Reflections provide commentary and questions that encourage life application.