Macroeconomics / Edition 2by Oliver Jean Blanchard
Pub. Date: 05/19/2000
Publisher: Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
The fundamental goals of this book are to provide an integrated view of macroeconomics, and to make close contact with current macroeconomic events. The book is now organized around two main parts, a core of eleven chapters, followed by a set of three major extensions. The core looks at the short run, the medium run and the long run. The extensions look at expectations, openness and pathologies. Theory and applications are continuously used to explain what is happening around the world. All theoretical material is presented by relating it to the real world. For anyone wanting to further their knowledge of macroeconomics.
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.25(w) x 10.25(h) x 1.12(d)
Table of ContentsI. INTRODUCTION.
1. A Tour of the World.
2. A Tour of the Book.
II. THE BASICS.
3. The Goods Market.
4. The Goods Market: Dynamics.
5. Financial Markets.
6. Goods and Financial Markets: The IS-LM.
7. Expectations: The Basic Tools.
8. Expectations, Consumption, and Investment.
9. Financial Markets and Expectations.
10. Expectations, Policy, and Output.
11. Openness in Goods and Financial Markets.
12. The Goods Market in an Open Economy.
13. Output, the Interest Rate, and the Exchange Rate.
14. Expectations, Exchange-Rate Movements, and Exchange-Rate Crises.
V. THE SUPPLY SIDE.
15. The Labor Market.
16. Putting All Markets Together.
17. The Phillips Curve.
18. Inflation, Disinflation, and Unemployment.
19. Inflation, Interest Rates, and Exchange Rates.
20. Pathologies I: High Unemployment.
21. Pathologies: II: High Inflation.
VII. THE LONG RUN.
22. The Facts of Growth.
23. Saving, Capital Accumulation, and Output.
24. Technological Progress and Growth.
VIII. CHANGE AND TRANSITION.
25. Technological Progress, Unemployment, and Wages.
26. Transition in Eastern Europe.
27. Should Policy Makers be Restrained?
28. Monetary Policy: A Summing Up.
29. Fiscal Policy: A Summing Up.
30. The Story of Macroeconomics.
Where to Find Numbers.
National Income and Product Accounts.
A Math Refresher.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >