- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
When looking to bridge the gap between global economic events and their own daily lives, Americans have increasingly turned to Paul Krugman. His lucid grasp of economics in action and his uncanny way of translating complex issues into everyday terms have made him a bestselling author and the most widely read economist writing for the general public today.
That ability to communicate economic concepts clearly and engagingly is at the heart of Macroeconomics, coauthored by Krugman and Robin Wells. The new Second Edition of this bestselling introductory level text (available January 2009) offers more of Krugman’s signature voice, more coverage of policy, and an extraordinary amount of new examples and explanations, as well as a number of content and organizational changes that are meeting the approval of instructors nationwide.
Watch a video interview of Paul Krugman here.
PART 1. WHAT IS ECONOMICS?
Introduction: The Ordinary Business of Life
1. First Principles
2. Economic Models: Trade-offs and Trade
Chapter 2 Appendix. Graphs in Economics
PART 2. SUPPLY AND DEMAND
3. Supply and Demand
4. The Market Strikes Back
5. Consumer and Producer Surplus
PART 3. INTRODUCTION TO MACROECONOMICS
6. Macroeconomics: The Big Picture
7. Tracking the Macroeconomy
PART 4. THE ECONOMY IN THE LONG RUN
8. Long-run Economic Growth
9. Savings, Investment Spending, and the Financial System
PART 5. SHORT-RUN ECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS
10. Aggregate Supply and Aggregate Demand
11. Income and Expenditure
Chapter 11 Appendix: More on the Income-Expenditure Model
12. Fiscal Policy
Chapter 12 Appendix: Taxes and the Multiplier
13. Money, Banking, and the Federal Reserve System
14. Monetary Policy
PART 6. THE SUPPLY-SIDE AND THE MEDIUM RUN
15. Labor Markets, Unemployment, and Inflation
16. Inflation, Deflation, and Stagflation
PART 7. EVENTS AND IDEAS
17. The Making of Modern Macroeconomics
PART 8. THE OPEN ECONOMY
18. International Trade
19. Open-economy Macroeconomics
Posted April 27, 2013
No text was provided for this review.