Macs All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummiesby Wallace Wang
You probably already know that Macs were made for media. There’s iPhoto/i>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Mac! Whether you’ve just decided to switch from Windows or you’ve been using a Mac for awhile and want to take advantage of all its bells and whistles, Macs All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies is the perfect guidebook to Mac land.
You probably already know that Macs were made for media. There’s iPhoto for organizing, editing, and sharing your digital photos; iMovie to let you become a moviemaker; iDVD for preserving that movie and playing your favorites; and of course, iTunes for managing your music. But your Mac is just as happy creating documents, browsing the Internet, putting together cool presentations, or even crunching numbers. This guide shows you how to use all those applications and more. Seven minibooks cover Mac basics; working with photos, movies, and music; using the Internet; working with iLife and iWork applications; various other Mac programs; time-saving tips; and networking. You’ll discover how to
- Set up and customize a new Mac
- Get online, choose a browser, configure an e-mail account, and instant-message with iChat
- Handle Mac security and troubleshoot problems
- Create a Web site with iWeb and get it online
- Back up your files, sync your stuff, and manage your life with your Mac
- Network your Mac with other computers, even PCs, and share files, printers, and more
Even if you’re a seasoned Mac veteran, we bet you’ll find some things here you didn’t know! And you’ll refer to this book again and again.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 50 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Wallace Wang is the bestselling author of more than 20 For Dummies books. He moonlights as a stand-up comic and has appeared on A&E's An Evening at the Improv.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >