- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Integrating the study of individual European nation-states within the framework of the European Union, this unique new text is essentially two books in one: a book on the EU and a comparative introduction to European politics.
This text provides more value to students by combining two texts in one, but engages student interest and facilitates learning through a variety of useful features. Role-playing exercises encourage participation and test students' critical thinking skills, while an emphasis on the people behind the politics “humanizes” material and provides lively insights into contemporary European politics and society. To ensure student understanding, there is extensive material comparing and contrasting EU states to one another and to the United States, a thorough glossary at the end of the book, and an abundance of examples, tables, charts, and graphs to illustrate and extend the discussions.
1. The Major Nation-States in the European Union: An Introduction.
2. The Development of the European Union.
3. The European Union: Major Institutions.
4. The European Union and Its Member States: Public Policies.
6. France and the European Union.
8. Germany and the European Union.
10. Italy and the European Union.
11. The United Kingdom.
12. The United Kingdom and the European Union.
14. Spain and the European Union.
15. A Comparative Overview of the Fifteen Pre-2004 EU Member States.
16. Eastward Enlargement of the European Union.