- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Houston, TX
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This text addresses the needs of readers to see themselves and their future in a more meaningful way while reinforcing the most basic learning skills necessary for college and career success. The insights of the authors will help readers better understand themselves, the demands of college, and the challenges and opportunities that await them in the real world. Conceptual thinking. Chapter-ending essays and readings. Reading and writing connections. Emphasis on skills needed for the 21st century. Viewpoints. Profiles. For anyone with an interest in student orientation and career opportunity.
1. Write Your Own Success Story: Planning Ahead.
2. Discover Who You Are: Defining Your Interests and Abilities.
3. Understand Your Learning Process: Drawing on Your Strengths.
4. Develop Your Emotional Intelligence: Learning to Cope.
5. Learn to Use Your Mind: Becoming a Knowledge Worker.
6. Match Your Interests: Picking Majors and Careers You Care About.
7. Manage Time and Study Habits: Achieving Your Personal Best.
8. Be On Your Own: Balancing the Demands of Your World.
9. Stand up and Be Counted: Doing Extracurricular Activities and Internships.
10. Travel: Discovering the World At Home and Abroad.
11. Network: Mapping Out Your Career Strategy.
12. Do the Paperwork: Preparing Resumes, Cover Letters, and Job Applications.
13. Ace the Interview: Getting Your Third Degree.
14. Hear “You're Hired”: Landing the Job.
15. Succeed on the Job and in Life: Using Your Insights and Outlooks.
Appendix 1. Companies with Summer and Winter Internships.
Appendix 2. Books for Further Reference.
Appendix 3. Associations and Organizations for College Students.
Appendix 4. Graduate School: Applying and Getting In.
Appendix 5. Continuing Your Education Once You Graduate.