- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Make it BIG! contains the wit and wisdom of Frank McKinney, perhaps the most contrary real estate mogul in the world. With long blond hair, rugged good looks, and colorful Versace vest, you might think McKinney was riding his motorcycle to a recording studio, rather than to close a multimillion-dollar real estate deal. He does things his own waywith a rock star’s flair and his story shows that you don’t have to meet the expectations of others to achieve success; you just ...
Make it BIG! contains the wit and wisdom of Frank McKinney, perhaps the most contrary real estate mogul in the world. With long blond hair, rugged good looks, and colorful Versace vest, you might think McKinney was riding his motorcycle to a recording studio, rather than to close a multimillion-dollar real estate deal. He does things his own waywith a rock star’s flair and his story shows that you don’t have to meet the expectations of others to achieve success; you just have to meet your own highest expectations.
McKinney started with nothing but a vision of what he wanted to be, the premier creator of ultra-luxurious "speculative" mansions in the world. With perseverance, a willingness to take enormous risks, and dedication to living life to its fullest, his dream has come true and has made him the undisputed king of luxury "spec" real estate. With a style and flair all his own and a never-say-die attitude, McKinney rode his motorcycle to riches creating and building luxury homes for those who can afford them. Uniquely, he designs, contracts, builds, furnishes, and sells each of his homes without a particular buyer in mind, risking a fortune on each deal. Having sold "spec" homes for as much as $28,500,000, there seems to be no shortage of people who like what McKinney does and like the way he does it.
Success is supposed to have its price, but McKinney shows that you can balance your work and play and keep your individuality and your personality while riding to the top of your profession whatever your business is. On his unconventional path to success, McKinney always remembered the lessons he learned and the spiritual guidance that got him there, turning those lessons into forty-nine secrets of extreme success. In Make It BIG! he shares the story of his rise to real estate superstardom and the forty-nine simple philosophies that have made him the success he is today, including:
This book is a guide for creating larger-than-life results, and doing it with excitement, passion, and fun. Make It BIG! will give you the secrets for achieving extreme success but on your own terms.
Foreword by: Rich De Vos, Cofounder, Amway.
Part One: Have a Vision for Your Passion.
1. Recognize Your Highest Calling As Early As Possible in Life.
2. Know Where You're Going:Create a Personal Vision or Mission Statement.
3. Figure Yourself Out:Spend Time in Introspection.
4. Act with Integrity:Live Up to Your Own Idea of Who You Are.
5. Be Sensitive to Life's Lessons and Learn from Them.
6. Don't Compromise Your Beliefs or Person,Ever!
7. Each of Us Has Not Only a Professional Talent but a Spiritual One As Well. Find Yours and Apply It.
Part Two: Stake Your Territory: Create a Unique Brand for You and Your Life.
8. To Live an Extraordinary Life You Must Resist an Ordinary Approach.
9. Find and Fill a Niche-an Area That You Believe Is Missing in the Marketplace.
10. Apply True Focus to What You Do Best. Until You Are Ready, Do Not Be Distracted Outside Your Niche.
11. Have a Passion for What You Do,Both at Work and at Home.
12. Don't Let Others Deter Your Entrepreneurial Passion or Enthusiasm.
13. Learn from Highly Respected,Successful People What Makes Them Tick.
14. Once You Are Able to Love Yourself, Don't Hesitate to Let Others Know.
15. Set Yourself Apart and Celebrate Your Individuality, Yet Include Humility.
Part Three: Take the "Lunch Pail" Approach While Answering Your Highest Calling.
16. Do Your Job,Do It Well,and Do It Every Day.
17. Persevere toward Your Ideal of Spiritual Fulfillment, Happiness, Dream, or Goal Each Day.
18. Proactively and Creatively Persist, Day In and Day Out.
19. Learn Something New Each Day and Forget the Lure of Pride. Ask Yourself, "What Can I Do Better Today Than Yesterday?"
20. Sit on the Other Side of the Desk First.
21. Think Win-Win, Be Fair, Then Close the Deal.
22. Avoid Vices and Unhealthy Temptations As They Suck the Life Out of Progress and Success.
23. You Must Be Disciplined.Go to Bed Early and Get Up Early.
24. Organization Is the Key to Success.
Part Four: Take Risks. They're the Difference between a $30,000 Fixer-Upper and a $30 Million Mansion Built on Speculation.
25. Gently Yet Often Exercise Your Risk Threshold like a Muscle. Eventually It Will Become Stronger and Able to Withstand Greater Pressure.
26. Never Gamble.Calculate the Maximum Amount of Risk You Feel You Can Afford to Take.
27. Trust in,and Act on,Your Initial Gut Feeling.
28. Make a Commitment to Yourself to Say Yes More Than No. Don't Hesitate.
29. Be Prepared to Fail Before You Succeed.
30. Live in the Future instead of the Past-Use Imagination, Not Memory,When Making Decisions.
31. Celebrate Each Humble Victory as a Triumphant Achievement-Build Confidence.
Part Five: Make a Difference: Live a Life That Matters.
32. Many of Us Are Fortunate to Be Blessed with the Ability to Succeed-Not for Our Sole Benefit, but So We May Apply the Result of Our Success to Assist Others.
33. You Cannot Brighten Another's Path without Lighting Your Own.
34. Be Honest and Truthful with Others As Well As Yourself.
35. When Your Conscience Speaks, You'd Better Listen.
36. Truly Feel What Compassion Is.
37. Give More Than You Receive.
38. Approach Life Knowing There Will Always Be Plenty to Go Around. Be Generous.
39. Leave an Enduring Legacy.
Part Six: Enjoy the Ride.
40. If We Are Fortunate, 97 Percent of Our Ordinary Life Is Spent Pursuing the Extraordinary 3 Percent. Enjoy the 97 Percent, and Recognize and Adore the 3 Percent as Extraordinary Golden Moments.
41. Take Time to Recharge Your Battery. You Won't Get the Golden Egg without First Taking Care of the Goose.
42. Never Grow Up, and Consistently Renew.
43. Resist the Temptation to Act like an Adult. Never Lose the Little Girl or Boy Inside.
44. Fall in Love; Don't Hesitate to Show Your Affection; Don't Hesitate on Anything.
45. Approach Each Day with Flair.
46. Each Day You Are on the Concert Stage of Life, So You'd Better Make It Rock!
47. Laugh Often'and Make Sure You're Able to Laugh at Yourself.
48. Live Your Life with No Regrets. When You Are Older, What Will You Say from Your Rocking Chair?
Part Seven: The Last Secret: There's Always One More.
Posted August 26, 2003
Well first of all frank is the coolest guy I have ever had the privalage of being in contact with! He is as down to earth as he sounds. He sent me this book, and I hate to read; but couldnt put this book down! Im 16 years old, and this book will no doubt help me in my life of Extreme Success ahead of me. Thank you Frank for writing it!Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted August 26, 2003
Frank is one of the most greatest guys you will ever have the privalege to read about or be in conatct with. Period! Im a 16 year old fan of Frank's work (his houses), and I emailed him about it, and he was nice enough to send me a personally autographed copy of his book! I practically look up to this man now. As I said I hate to read, but if you buy this book, like me, you will not, I repeat will not be able to put it down. This book has motivated me dramatically. And this book will help me get through the life ahead of me. Thank you Franks for writing it!Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted September 6, 2002
Wish I would have had this book 20 years ago when I was first making my way in the world. Frank really and truly has written an excellent guideline to success - for both your business and your personal life. This book delivers way, way more than it even promises. You'd be very wise to pick this one up and read it over time and again!Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted January 29, 2002
I must admit I bought it because of the cover and what was said on the inside of the jacket, but when I started to read each chapter I couldn¿t put it down! The best part is that each chapter is only about 5-6 pages long. Depending on what you want to reference, whether it¿s ¿exercising your risk threshold¿, perseverance or sharing your life¿s blessings with others you can go straight the particular section that interests you. I also loved the fact that Frank believes in giving back to those who are less fortunate than him. Frank¿s book really provides a balanced approach to life. I would recommend it!Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted February 20, 2002
This is another speptacular Frank McKinney creation. This book is wonderfully written, insightful,and filled with principles that are truely timeless.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted May 9, 2002
Besides the terrific, balanced approach to wealth building, Frank proves that one does not need to be born with a silver spoon--that life and success is a process of daily disciplines and focus. Moreover, one does not need to sacrifice core individuality to do so. It is wonderful!! The very best 'motivational book' I have read in terms of 'do-ability.'Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted February 10, 2002
I have just finished reading 'Make It Big'. It is a fabulous book that I would strongly reccomend as a MUST for everyone to read. Frank tells it like it is, with tips to use, ideas to ponder, and reflections for your own life! This will be the most fulfilling book you will ever read!Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted December 12, 2001
Wow! Very insightful. So simple it¿s brilliant. Easy to read and even easier to apply. My life¿s perspective has been refreshed. Although Frank McKinney is quite a visionary, he seems like just an ordinary guy who applied a few of his simple philosophies to achieve extraordinary success. Yea he¿s an author, but he seems more of a doer than a motivational guy. If you want to get out there and do something big in your life I strongly suggest you buy and use Make it BIG! as your guide and compass.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.