Making Greeting Cards with Creative Materialsby McGraw, Sherrill Kahn
Best-selling author MaryJo McGraw's newest book showcases how to create imaginative and artistic greeting cards from innovative materials. In this book, she branches out beyond her rubber-stamping roots to deliver to readers a whole new world of creative card making. Paper crafters, collage artists, weekend crafters and rubber stampers now can create unique greeting cards, announcements and invitations with beautiful papers and fanciful embellishments. A wide array of papers from around the world, amazing fabrics, ribbons, mica chips, foils, feathers, yarns, wax, embossing powders, store-bought tags, and many household and hardware store items comprise the list of interesting and unusual materials McGraw adopts for card-making purposes. Readers will also find:
* An overview of basic folds and sizes of greeting cards
* Information on weights, grains and varieties of paper and suitable adhesives
* 8 basic card-making techniques demonstrated with corresponding step-by-step projects
* Projects suitable for beginners and experienced crafters alike
* Projects that can be completed in under an hour, some in ten minutes
* A resource guide full of stores, magazines and web sites to help locate the materials used in the book Blending fun and "user-friendliness" with variety and creativity, McGraw encourages the reader to go beyond basic greeting cards to design one-of-a-kind projects.MaryJo McGraw has written three books for North Light: Creative Rubber Stamping Techniques, Greeting Card Magic with Rubber Stamps and Making Greeting Cards with Rubber Stamps (Over 75,000 sold!). She is a rubber stamp artist and demonstrator employed by JudiKins Rubber Stamp Co. She lives in Whittier, California.
- F+W Media
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.48(w) x 10.94(h) x 0.39(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
This book has a lot to offer and takes you beyond rubber stamping into a more creative and artistic realm. Easy to read and understand, gives great instruction! It's a super resource for your creativity! I refer to my book often for ideas. Highly recommended!