- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Packed with hundreds of never-before-seen photos and interviews with the ...
Packed with hundreds of never-before-seen photos and interviews with the visual-effects teams, cast, and crew–including writer/director George Lucas and producer Rick McCallum–this outstanding volume offers a rare insider’s look at the complete creative process. Granted unprecedented access to all those involved at every stage of the film, author and Lucasfilm senior editor J. W. Rinzler captures in riveting detail the intense drama and cliffhangers that occurred as production worked day and night for three years to bring their monumental undertaking to conclusion. Readers will uncover
• details on how the art and animatics departments teamed up with ILM to create the spectacular opening sequence, perhaps the greatest Star Wars space battle ever produced
• revelations on the genesis of archvillain General Grievous within the Episode III art department
• accounts of how George Lucas and Rick McCallum reached critical decisions in often pressure-laden situations
• exclusive interviews with Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor on how they prepared for their thrilling lightsaber duel as Anakin and Obi-Wan
• An eyewitness account of the reappearance of Darth Vader on the set in Sydney, Australia
Finally, there’s the film editing–Lucas’s favorite part of the moviemaking process. This portrait of the legendary director captures the down-to-the-wire tension encountered in getting to the final cut.
Fueled by his imagination and his beginnings as a documentary filmmaker, Lucas makes films the way some painters create canvases, building layer upon layer in each frame of the film. And this book takes the reader along for the ride.
Posted June 8, 2005
I was in my local book store and I passed this one by...But then I stopped and went to pick it up. I flipped trouhg the pages and I was in awe. It gives you in detail look at how the movie was made, script rewrites, and great CGI concepts and pictures. The new vader concepts and how they put the makeup on Hayden was very interesting. It has pages of endless pcitures and concept designs. As well as many behind the scenes pictures and details. I love this book. I recommend it for any Star Wars out there to get the most of The Revenge of the SITH.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.