Rabbi Mike Comins , the founder of TorahTrek Spiritual Wilderness Adventures (www.TorahTrek.com) and the Institute for Jewish Wilderness Spirituality (www.ijws-online.org), is the author of A Wild Faith: Jewish Ways into Wilderness, Wilderness Ways into Judaism and Making Prayer Real: Leading Jewish Spiritual Voices on Why Prayer Is Difficult and What to Do about It (both Jewish Lights). He studied classical Jewish texts at the Pardes Institute, earned his MA in Jewish education from Hebrew University and was ordained in the Israeli rabbinical program of Hebrew Union College. He was a founding member and the first director of education at Kehilat Kol Haneshama in Jerusalem. He lives, teaches and writes in Los Angeles, and serves as a scholar-in-residence for schools and synagogues around the world.
Rabbi Mike Comins is available to speak on the following topics :
- Finding God in Nature: Buber, Heschel and the Kabbalah on the Experience of Divinity in the Natural World
- How the Jews Lost Nature and Why We Need to Get Her Back
- Making Prayer Real: Why Prayer Is Difficult and What to Do about It
- Prayer, Teshuvah and Coping with Loss
- The Spiritual Dynamics of Traditional Prayer