- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This groundbreaking approach to dental local anesthesia instruction brings key anesthesia concepts to life. Using high-quality video and animation, this 2-DVD set provides viewers with a unique virtual clinical experience where they'll see the latest anesthetic agents, injection techniques, potential complications, and risk management strategies in action. Plus, it includes authoritative commentary throughout from noted dental anesthesia expert, Stanley Malamed, DDS, and offers users the opportunity to earn CEU credit.
• Unique "how-to" coverage of key local anesthesia topics: local anesthetic agents, anesthetic injection techniques, potential complications, and risk management.
• Demonstrations of every possible kind of injection currently used in the clinical setting - a "first" in the field!
• High-quality video clips and animations so viewers can see exactly how to administer each anesthetic agent.
• Organization that follows the 5th edition of Handbook of Local Anesthesia - so users can read about key concepts in the book and then watch them in action on screen for a deeper understanding.
• The opportunity to earn 4 hours of ADA- and AGD-certified CDE. Users can watch the DVD at the home or office, test their comprehension, then send in for their CDE - it's easy and convenient!
• Personal commentary from Dr. Stanley Malamed throughout - with tips and secrets gained through years of clinical experience and painstaking research into the contemporary practice of dental anesthesia.
Videos demonstrate these injections: Posterior superior alveolar (PSA) nerve block Middle superior alveolar (MSA) nerve block Anterior superior alveolar (ASA) nerve block Greater palatine nerve block Nasopalatine nerve block Palatal infiltration Anterior middle superior alveolar (AMSA) nerve block Palatal approach-anterior superior alveolar (P-ASA) injection Maxillary nerve block Inferior alveolar nerve block Buccal nerve block Mandibular nerve block (Gow-Gates) Vazirani-Akinosi closed-mouth mandibular nerve block Mental nerve block Incisive nerve block Periodontal ligament injection Intraseptal injection Intraosseus injection