With intriguing themes integrated throughout the text, Dessler's book is truly one of a kind. Here are some of the features you'll find in the second edition:
- Enhanced e-business and technology coverage, with new "Managing @ the Speed of Thought" features in each chapter that discuss how managers use screen shots to further illustrate issues and to show how technology and e-business issues are affecting managers today.
- Globalizationone of the key trends in management is sure to continue in the new century, and will continue to affect managers in organizations of all sizes. Dessler covers globalization with a full chapter early on, giving you an early introduction to this vital topic.
- People and human behavior are key to successful management. "The People Side of Managing" boxes emphasize the importance of the behavioral aspects of managing, and "Entrepreneurs in Action" boxes stress the increasing significance of smaller companies in today's business environment.
- "You Be the Consultant," a continuing case that focuses on KnitMedia, a music and entertainment company, is a fun and interactive feature that asks you to put yourself in the place of KnitMedia managers, and make management decisions for the company.
- A five-part integrated set of Video Cases, corresponding to video filmed on location at KnitMedia's offices, appears at the end of each major part of the text.
New to the Second Edition!
myPHLIPyour personal guide to free on-line resources for Management, Second Edition. Featuring one-click access to allof the resources created by our award-winning team of educators, myPHLIP provides a personalized view of great new resources as well as those you have trusted throughout the years. myPHLIP gives students and faculty the best business resources available.