Management of Temporomandibular Disorders and Occlusion - Pageburst Digital Book / Edition 7by Jeffrey P. Okeson
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Covering both new and proven techniques in this rapidly changing field, this bestselling book helps you provide solutions to many common occlusal and TMD problems. Clear descriptions ensure that you develop a complete understanding of normal occlusion and masticatory function allowing you to better appreciate and manage… See more details below
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Covering both new and proven techniques in this rapidly changing field, this bestselling book helps you provide solutions to many common occlusal and TMD problems. Clear descriptions ensure that you develop a complete understanding of normal occlusion and masticatory function allowing you to better appreciate and manage abnormal occlusion and masticatory dysfunction. With this book's conservative, cost-effective approach, you'll achieve your treatment goals while keeping the best interests of your patients in mind.
- Provides thorough coverage of physical examination of the masticatory system, as an invaluable aid for diagnosis.
- Includes diagnostic algorithms for various classes of disorders, as a handy reference for sorting through signs and symptoms of key functional disorders.
- Depicts treatment principles visually with case examples for each major treatment chapter.
- Presents a comprehensive discussion of the etiology of temporomandibular disorders, providing background on the causes of chronic orofacial pain.
- Includes updated references and suggested readings for further research and study.
- Discusses specific treatment techniques based on the author's expertise in the field.
- Includes many updated photos and line drawings to showcase techniques.
- Adds a new section on the use of botulinum toxin to treat chronic pain.
- Expands discussion of the use of local anesthetic blocks for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.10(d)
Table of ContentsPART I: Functional Anatomy
1. Functional anatomy and biomechanics of the masticatory system
2. Functional neuroanatomy and physiology of the masticatory system
3. Alignment and occlusion of the dentition
4. Mechanics of mandibular movement
5. Criteria for optimum functional occlusion
6. Determinants of occlusal morphology
PART II: Etiology and Identification of Functional Disturbances in the Masticatory System
7. Etiology of functional disturbances in the masticatory system
8. Signs and symptoms of temporomandibular disorders
9. History of and examination for temporomandibular disorders
10. Diagnosis of temporomandibular disorders
PART III: Treatment of Functional Disturbances of the Masticatory System
11. General considerations in the treatment of temporomandibular disorders
12. Treatment of masticatory muscle disorders
13. Treatment of temporomandibular joint disorders
14. Treatment of chronic mandibular hypomobility and growth disorders
15. Occlusal appliance therapy
16. Treatment sequencing
PART IV: Occlusal Therapy
17. General considerations in occlusal therapy
18. Use of articulators in occlusal therapy
19. Selective grinding
20. Restorative considerations in occlusal therapy
Diagnostic Algorithms for Masticatory Muscle Disorders and Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >