- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Written in a very straight-forward and practical, yet research-based, style that users, regardless of their age/gender/nationality/race/etc. find engaging because it focuses on their personal need to enhance their effectiveness, career potential (e.g., salaries, promotions, job choice and flexibility), and general well-being (the book takes work/life issues seriously). The book begins by summarizing the research that focuses on what characteristics predict managerial and professional success and which characteristics predict failure. The subsequent chapters then present each of the characteristics that predict success in more detail, as well as tools and techniques for enhancing readers¿ personal and professional success. For beginning to mid-level executives.
2. Developing Self-Awareness.
3. Building Trust.
4. Communicating Effectively.
5. Developing Sustainable, Ethical Power and Influence.
6. Managing Relationships With Your Subordinates, Bosses, and Peers.
7. Managing Cultural Diversity.
8. Creating High-Performing Teams.
9. Managing Differences and Distances: Diverse Teams and Virtual Teams.
10. Crafting a Life.