- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Sausalito, CA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This collection of short, objective summaries of more than 40 recent business management "best-sellers" introduces readers to the thoughts, philosophies, views, and experiences of a number of authors whose works have captivated the attention of today's management community. Considers works by such noted authors as Douglas McGregor, Stephen Covey, Bill Byham, Thomas Peters, Margaret Wheatly, John Case, Peter Senge, Judy Rosener, etc., writing about such topics as ethics, global perspectives, participative practices, environmental trends, organizational culture, managing diversity, strategy, managerial/leadership styles, etc. For managers.
Jon L. Pierce and John W. Newstrom, Understanding and Using the Best-Sellers.
* John Micklethwait and Adrian Wooldridge, The Witch Doctors: What the Management Gurus Are Saying, Why It Matters, and How to Make Sense of It.
Jon L. Pierce and John W. Newstrom, with Larry L. Cummings, Reflections on the Best Sellers—A Cautionary Note.
II. MANAGEMENT PARADIGMS.
Joel A. Barker, Paradigms—The Business of Discovering the Future.
Lee G. Bolman and Terrence E. Deal, Reframing Organizations: Artistry, Choice, and Leadership.
III. BEST-SELLER “CLASSICS.”
Thomas J. Peters and Robert H. Waterman, Jr., In Search of Excellence.
W. Edwards Deming, Out of the Crisis.
Kenneth Blanchard and Spencer Johnson, The One Minute Manager.
Douglas McGregor, The Human Side of Enterprise.
*Abraham H. Maslow, Maslow on Management.
IV. HIGH-PERFORMING ORGANIZATIONS.
Michael Hammer and James Champy, Reengineering the Corporation.
Jay R. Galbraith and Edward E. Lawler, III, Organizing for the Future.
Jerry I. Porras and James C. Collins, Visionary Companies: Why Do They Endure?
V. ORGANIZATIONAL VISION AND GOALS.
Burt Nanus, Visionary Leadership.
* Eliyahu Goldratt and Jeff Cox, The Goal.
Alfie Kohn, Punished by Rewards.
Aubrey C. Daniels, Bringing Out the Best in People.
* Jeffrey Pfeffer, The Human Equation: Building Profits by Putting People First.
VII. EMPOWERMENT AND PARTICIPATION.
James A. Belasco and Ralph C. Stayer, Flight of the Buffalo.
William C. Byham, with Jeff Cox, Zapp! The Lightning of Empowerment.
* William C. Byham, with Jeff Cox, HeroZ: Empower Yourself, Your Coworkers, Your Company.
* John Case, Open-Book Management: The Coming Business Revolution.
* John Case, The Open-Book Experience.
VIII. TEAMS AND TEAMWORK.
Jon R. Katzenbach and Douglas K. Smith, The Wisdom of Teams.
* Jon R. Katzenbach, Teams at the Top.
Richard S. Wellins, William C. Byham, and Jeanne M. Wilson, Empowered Teams.
* Noel M. Tichy and Eli Cohen, Training & Development.
* Richard L. Daft and Robert H. Lengel, Fusion Leadership.
* Margaret J. Wheatley, Leadership and the New Science: Learning about Organization from an Orderly Universe.
Peter Block, Stewardship.
X. MANAGING DIVERSITY.
Pat Barrentine, When the Canary Stops Singing: Women's Perspectives on Transforming Business.
* Judy B. Rosener, America's Competitive Secret: Utilizing Women as a Management Strategy.
XI. ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE AND RENEWAL.
Tom Peters, The Tom Peters Seminar.
* Albert Dunlap, Mean Business: How I Save Bad Companies and Make Good Companies Great.
* Dave Ulrich, Human Resource Champions.
XII. ORGANIZATIONAL LEARNING AND KNOWLEDGE-DRIVEN ORGANIZATIONS.
Peter Senge, The Fifth Discipline.
Chris Argyris, Overcoming Organizational Defenses.
Gregory H. Watson, Strategic Benchmarking.
* Thomas H. Davenport and Laurence Prusak, Working Knowledge: How Organizations Manage What They Know.
XIII. ETHICAL MANAGEMENT.
James M. Kouzes and Barry L. Posner, Credibility.
* Joseph Badaracco, Jr., The Discipline of Building Character.
XIV. GLOBAL DIMENSIONS.
Kenichi Ohmae, The Borderless World.
John Naisbitt, Global Paradox.
XV. MANAGING PERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS.
* Stephen R. Covey, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.
Stephen R. Covey, Principle-Centered Leadership.
* Dorothy Marcic, Managing with the Wisdom of Love: Uncovering Virtue in People and Organizations.
* Lance H. K. Secretan, Reclaiming Higher Ground: Creating Organizations that Inspire Excellence.
Glossary of Terms.
Bibliography of Inclusions.