List of Figures and Tables.
About the Authors.
Part I: Introduction.
1. Innovation: Problems and Possibilities.
2. The Current State of Knowledge about Innovation.
Part II: Managers' Accounts of Innovation.
3. From Tight Control to the Edge of Anarchy: Managing Innovation in Telecommunications.
4. Managing Creative Workers in an Innovative Way.
5. Contrasting Approaches to Innovation in Engineered Manufactured Goods.
6. Innovation in the Voluntary Sector.
Part III: Synthesis.
Appendix: Research Methods.