Managing Digital Audiovisual Resources: A Practical Guide for Librariansby Matthew C. Mariner
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
The demand from library users for audiovisual materials and remote access combined with the unceasing deterioration and inaccessibility of many audiovisual formats requires libraries to adapt their collections to meet current and future demands. While this changing landscape of digitization and resource management may seem daunting, it represents an opportunity to bolster a library’s relevancy and competitiveness.
Managing Digital Audiovisual Resources fills a gap as a single concise guide for real world basics, broad concepts, and practical needs from technologies to collections to promotion. The easy-to-read book is geared towards the ongoing management of digital audiovisual resources, presenting real world scenarios and ways to think through balancing all of the many factors and needs for these collections, dealing with limited resources, materials with different levels of significance, materials facing different levels of preservation risk, factors for decision making, and resources for other options.
The book takes a procedural and example-rich approach to the management of digital audiovisual resources. It covers:
- the selection of resources for digitization;
- how to managedigitization of physical audiovisual collections;
- how to select the best platforms for preservation and presentation; and,
- how to market collections once they are accessible.
- Illustrated digitization workflows;
- Comprehensive lists and illustrated descriptions of equipment and formats;
- Real-world case studies;
- Common U.S. copyright situations; and
- Resources for further study and assistance.
Meet the Author
Matthew Mariner is presently an assistant professor and Head of Special Collections and Digital Initiatives at Auraria Library, a downtown Denver-based tri-institutional library serving University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University, and Community College of Denver.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >