Managing Organizational Behavior / Edition 4by Henry Tosi, John Rizzo, Neal P. Mero
Pub. Date: 12/21/2007
Managing Organizational Behavior, Fourth Edition, bridges cutting-edge theory with modern leadership and managerial practices. This proven textbook leads advanced undergraduates and MBAs through a discussion of individual behavior influences to a consideration of the social influences the individual encounters upon contact with groups and organizations.
- Bridges cutting-edge theory with modern leadership and managerial practices.
- Contains new material on diversity, international OB, and ethics.
- Applies theory and research with new and superior pedagogy.
- Provides strong teaching resources within an Instructor's Manual and Test Bank.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.65(w) x 10.00(h) x 1.60(d)
Table of Contents
An Historical View of Contemporary Organizational Behavior.
Current Trends and Challenges.
Managing Organizational Performance.
Plan of This Book.
2. Personality and Individual Differences.
The Bases of Personality.
Approaches to Learning.
Personality in Organization Settings.
3. Attitudes, Perception and Judgement.
The Nature of Attitudes.
Why Attitudes Are Important.
4. Organizational Accommodation: Socialization, Careers and Commitment: Careers and Career Paths.
Diversity and Work in Organizations.
5. Theories of Motivation.
Need Theories of Motivation.
The Job Characteristics Approach.
Achievement / Power Theory.
Goal Setting Theory.
Justice Theories of Motivation.
6. Applied Motivation Theories.
Management by Objectives.
Positive Reinforcement Programs.
High Involvement Organizations.
7. Stress in Organizations.
Stress and Coping.
Sources of Stress.
Stress and Individual Differences.
8. Group and Team Performance Environment.
Why Groups Form.
Types of Groups.
A Model of Group Effectiveness.
The Group Performance Environment.
9. Group Process and Effectiveness.
Group Cohesiveness, Cooperation and Competition.
What Makes Groups Effective?.
10. Conflict. The Nature of Conflict.
Conflict Reaction Styles.
Improving Organizational Response to Conflict.
11. Decision Making.
Characteristics of the Decision Process.
Models of Decision Making.
Improving Individual Decision Making.
Improving Group Decision Making.
12. Cultures: National and Organizational.
The Hofstede Model of National Cultures.
Organizational Consequences of Cultural Differences.
Types of Organizational Culture.
Organizational Culture - Special Cases.
13. Organization Structure and Design.
The Nature of Organization Structure.
Formal Organization Structures.
14. Power and Politics in Organizations.
The Bases of Influence.
Acquiring and Maintaining Organizational Based Influence.
Acquiring and Maintaining Personal Based Influence.
Using Managerial Power in Organizations.
15. Leadership in Organizations.
Trait Approaches to Leadership.
Behavioral Approaches to Leadership.
Contingency Theories of Leadership.
Process Theories of Leadership.
Substitutes for Leadership.
16. Organizational Change.
How Our Work Life Is Changing.
Resistance to Change.
Stages of Successful Change.
Helping Individuals Cope with Change.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >