- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This is the first book to provide an integrated, strategic view of management of technology. Focusing on both theory and practice, it addresses the contemporary challenges general managers face today--e.g., globalization, time compression, technology integration--and explores several strategic approaches for dealing with them, from both a managerial and economic viewpoint. Several integrative themes--T-M matrix, environmental drivers, process of decision making, competitive vs collaborative approaches, and value creation--are followed throughout. Technology Environment; Processes Of Technology Change: Innovation And Diffusion; Technology And Competition; Process Innovation, Value Chains And Organization; Technology Intelligence; Technology Strategy: Collaborative Mode; Appropriation Of Technology; Deployment In New Products; Deployment Of Technology In The Value Chain; Organizing For Innovation; Intellectual Property Strategy; Project Valuation And Financing. For Chief Technology Officers; Directors of Technology, R&D, Product Development, Operations; Chief Information Officers.
I. THEORETICAL FOUNDATIONS.
2. Technological Environment.
3. Process of Technology Change: Innovation.
4. Process of Technology Change: Diffusion.
5. Technology and Competition.
6. Process Innovation, Value Chains, and Organization.
II. TECHNOLOGY STRATEGY: BASICS.
7. Technology Intelligence.
8. Technology Strategy: Overview.
9. Technology Strategy: Collaborative Mode.
III. DOMAINS OF TECHNOLOGY STRATEGY.
10. Appropriation of Technology.
11. Deployment in New Products.
12. Deployment of Technology in the Value Chain.
IV. ROLE OF GENERAL MANAGEMENT.
13. Organizing for Innovation.
14. Intellectual Property Strategy.
15. Project Valuation and Financing.