Managing the Web-Based Enterpriseby Jesse Feiler
Readers can choose from among many books that guide them through the technology on which e-commerce relies, but virtually none address the subject from a sound business perspective. Managing the Web-Based Enterprise fills this sizable void, offering managers key insights into the nature and future of commerce on the Web. By demonstrating how technology can contribute to success or failure, this book trains readers to make good decisions about technological investment. More importantly, it re-emphasizes the business principles-both traditional and not so traditional-that must be brought to bear on any Web-based project, whatever the technology involved.
Though addressed primarily to managers, Managing the Web-Based Enterprise will also equip Webmasters and Web application developers with the business sense they need to maximize the value of their contributions.
- Expert, job-saving advice for managers who are expected to give their companies a practical and economic Web presence.
- Outlines the key business issues at work in Web site/Web application development and maintenance, helping readers make the right technology decisions, for the right reasons.
- Teaches readers to approach Web-based enterprise as an integral, even central, part of a cohesive business strategy.
- The companion to two other important e-commerce books by Jesse Feiler: Database-Driven Web Sites and Application Servers: Powering the Web-Based Enterprise.
- Guides readers through the design and technology of Web sites from the point of view of the results-oriented manager.
- Elsevier Science & Technology Books
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.43(w) x 9.24(h) x 0.92(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews