Don Julin is a professional mandolin player, instructor, and recording artist. Don has spent the last 30 years challenging the boundaries of the mandolin and developing a reputation for being one of the most eclectic mandolin players on the scene today.
Mandolin For Dummiesby Don Julin, Scott Tichenor
The newest addition to the highly successful Dummies instrument-instruction line, Mandolin For Dummies gives you easy-to-follow, step-by-step instruction on learning to play the mandolin. Following the time-tested Dummies format, Mandolin For Dummies provides a level of content and instruction/i>/i>/b>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
The fun and easy way to learn to play the mandolin
The newest addition to the highly successful Dummies instrument-instruction line, Mandolin For Dummies gives you easy-to-follow, step-by-step instruction on learning to play the mandolin. Following the time-tested Dummies format, Mandolin For Dummies provides a level of content and instruction greater than anything currently available.
Mandolin For Dummies breaks down the fundamentals of this instrument and provides the resources you need to practice and improve your ability over time.
- Packed with individualized instruction on key mandolin-friendly musical styles, including Irish and Celtic, "old time" American music, blues, bluegrass, swing, and jazz
- Files available via download provide audio tracks from the book and exercises so you can play along and build your skills -- almost 2 hours of music!
- Clear and useful photos and diagrams ensure you fret, strum, and pick with precision
- Includes a mandolin buying guide to help ensure you make the right purchases
- Tips on restringing mandolins and other DIY care and maintenance topics
If you're an aspiring mandolin player, don't fret! Mandolin For Dummies has you covered.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 25 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
This is written in a style that is almost conversational. This makes it very easy to understand the Mando. The author explains many of the common mistakes new players make and how to easily remedy them. I would recommend this instruction book to all novice Mandolin players!