- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: acton, MA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This highly illustrated, step-by-step guide gives detailed instructions for dozens of different manipulation techniques, covering all levels of the spine, thorax, and pelvis. It also includes a helpful overview of the principles and theory of spinal manipulation and its use in clinical practice. The accompanying CD-ROM contains video clips demonstrating the techniques described in the book.
• Offers a highly illustrated, step-by-step approach to 41 HVLA techniques, in addition to the related theory essential for safe implementation of the techniques.
• Provides a comprehensive review of spinal kinematics and spinal positioning and locking.
• Contains current information relating to safe practice of HVLA techniques.
• Includes a troubleshooting section on how to deal with difficulties in the application of HVLA techniques.
• Contains new information on the role of evidence-based medicine in manipulative therapy.
• Features new photographs, techniques, and references throughout.
• Includes new video clips on the accompanying CD-ROM, including three new biomechanics clips.
Part A. HVLA thrust techniques - an osteopathic perspective
Introduction. Osteopathic philosophy and technique. Kinematics and coupled motion of the spine. Spinal positioning and locking. Safety and HVLA techniques. Rationale for the use of HVLA techniques. Validation of clinical practice by research.
Part B HVLA techniques - Spine and thorax.
Section 1. Cervical and cervicothoracic spine
Atlanto-occiptal joint C0-C1. Atlantoaxial joint C1-C2. Cervical spine C2-C7. Cervicothoracic spine C7-T3.
Section 2. Thoracic spine and rib cage
Thoracic spine T4 Ribs R1-R3. Ribs R4-R10.
Section 3. Lumbar and thoracolumbar spine
Thoraco-lumbar spine T10-L2. Lumbar spine L1-L5. Lumbosacral joint L5-S1.
Part C HVLA thrust techniques - Pelvis.
Sacroiliac joint. Sacrococcygeal joint.
Part D Technique failure and analysis
Supporting CDRom with video clips demonstrating all the techniques described in Parts B and C of the book.