Manual for Physical Agentsby Karen W. Hayes, Karen W. Hayes
Manual for Physical Agents, Fifth Edition is a trusted reference for introductory courses in Physical Agents, Thermotherapy, Electrotherapy, or Physical Modalities. This text guides students through application techniques for the various physical agents. Beginning with brief general comments regarding the use of electromedical equipment, the text presents a brief summary of the physics of production and physiological effects of each agent along with step-by-step instructions and illustrations on how to use equipment. All instructions are generic enough to apply to a wide variety of equipment currently available. Conveniently spiral-bound for ease of use, it is a perfect compliment to any physical agents text.
- NEW Section on Fluidotherapy: Provides students with the most updated information on this new and commonly used physical agent.
- NEW Section highlights important dosage information for each agent: This useful information stands out for easy access and quick reference. Includes information on all the most commonly used physical agents.
- NEW Clinical Safety Tips: Boxed information integrated throughout text that highlights important information and reinforces learning. Highlights essential safety tips for the student or practitioner as well as the patient. Promotes safety in the clinical setting.
- Diagnostic checklist with all major diseases and syndromes: Enables students to quickly verify clinical impressions of a diagnosis before proceeding with management.
- Reading lists for each agent: Helps students investigate the agent in greater depth if they choose.
- Appleton & Lange
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.66(w) x 11.04(h) x 0.58(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews