Manual of Contact Lens Prescribing and Fitting with CD-ROM / Edition 3by Milton M. Hom, Adrian S. Bruce
Pub. Date: 01/13/2006
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Written in a concise, practical, outline manner, Manual of Contact Lens Prescribing and Fitting, 3rd Edition follows the logical progression of patient care, from basic prefitting topics, through rigid lens, soft lenses and advanced/specialty issues. Valuable management information assists in fitting and problem-solving situations, and clinical pearls in every… See more details below
Written in a concise, practical, outline manner, Manual of Contact Lens Prescribing and Fitting, 3rd Edition follows the logical progression of patient care, from basic prefitting topics, through rigid lens, soft lenses and advanced/specialty issues. Valuable management information assists in fitting and problem-solving situations, and clinical pearls in every chapter highlight key points. The companion CD-ROM uses video, animation, and morphing to demonstrate the skills of movement and position that are necessary to correctly fit rigid contact lenses.
• Covers both rigid and soft contact lenses.
• Enhances the reader's understanding through video and animation on the CD-ROM.
• Begins with prefitting topics and ends with specialty topics, progressing logically as the optometrist would care for the patient.
• Two new chapters on patient selection and contact lens optics.
• Contributions from new authors and updating throughout to reflect the newest modalities and references.
• Thoroughly revised CD-ROM is more user-friendly for both the student and clinician, with additional color images and information on Soft Contacts and the Tear Film, Translating Bifocals (Multimedia), Keratoconus, and Post-Penetrating Keratoplasty.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Book & CD-ROM
- Product dimensions:
- 6.74(w) x 8.76(h) x 1.22(d)
Table of Contents
Part I. Basic Concepts
1. Anatomy and Physiology
2. Anterior Segment Disease and Contact Lenses
3. Examination and Instrumentation
4. Patient Selection new
5. CL optics new
Part II. Gas-Permeable lenses
6. Gas-Permeable Lens Design and Fitting
7. Gas-Permeable Lens Fitting and Eyelid Geometry
8. Gas-Permeable Lens Fluorescein Patterns
9. Gas-Permeable Lens Materials
10. Modification and Verification
11. Gas-Permeable Lenses for Astigmatism
12. Gas-Permeable Lens Care and Patient Education
13. Gas-Permeable Cases
Part III. Soft Lenses
14. Soft Lens Design, Fitting, and Physiologic Response
15. Soft Lens Materials
16. Soft Contact lenses and the Tear film
17. Soft Contact Lenses for Astigmatism
18. Soft Contact Lens Care and Patient Education
Part IV. Extended wear
19. Gas-Permeable Extended Wear and Complications
20. Soft Extended Wear and Complications
Part V. Special Topics
21. Dry Eyes and Contact Lenses
22. Monovision and Bifocals
23. Translating Bifocals
25. Post-Penetrating Keratoplasty
27. Refractive Surgery and Contact Lenses
28. Pediatric Contact Lenses
30. Colored lenses
31. Scleral lenses
Appendix A: Extended Keratometer Range with +1.25 D and -1.00 D Lenses
Appendix B: Vertex Conversion Table of Plus and Minus Powers
Appendix C: Keratometer Conversion (Diopter to Millimeters)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >