Manual of High Risk Pregnancy and Delivery / Edition 5by Elizabeth S. Gilbert
Pub. Date: 05/24/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The only book of its kind, Manual of High Risk Pregnancy & Delivery provides a complete resource for care of this special patient and her complex needs. It helps you provide positive outcomes with coverage of today's newest technology, physiologic considerations, psychologic implications, health disorders, and other complications in pregnancy. Written by/b>… See more details below
The only book of its kind, Manual of High Risk Pregnancy & Delivery provides a complete resource for care of this special patient and her complex needs. It helps you provide positive outcomes with coverage of today's newest technology, physiologic considerations, psychologic implications, health disorders, and other complications in pregnancy. Written by noted educator and practitioner Elizabeth Stepp Gilbert, RNC, MS, FNP-BC, CNS, this book also describes how to screen for risk factors, provide preventive management, and intervene appropriately when problems arise. It's a concise, hands-on reference for both inpatient and outpatient settings!
• A consistent format makes this book a practical, hands-on reference in the clinical setting, presenting problems with the following headings: incidence, etiology, physiology, pathophysiology, and medical management.
• Comprehensive coverage includes physiologic considerations, fetal assessment, perinatal screening, ethical and legal issues, health disorders during pregnancy, complications, and labor and delivery issues.
• Up-to-date content includes integrative therapy, domestic violence, multiple gestation, genetics, nutrition, culture, risk management, and all the latest screening tools.
• A section on ethical and legal considerations covers ethical decision making, legal issues, and risk management.
• Updated evidence-based content includes the latest AHWONN standards of practice.
• Patient safety and risk management strategies include updated approaches to improving outcomes, reducing complications, and increasing patient safety during high risk pregnancy and delivery.
• New Venous Thromboembolic Disease chapter provides current information on this increasingly common condition.
• Information on the latest assessment and monitoring devices keeps you current with today's technology.
• Standardized terminology and definitions from the National Institute of Child Health & Human Development (NICHD) lead to accurate and precise communication.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents
Unit I Physiologic Considerations, Assessments, and Integrative Therapies
1 Physiologic and Nutritional Adaptations to Pregnancy 1
2 General Nursing Assessment of the High Risk Expectant Family 25
3 Assessment of Fetal Well-Being 43
4 Perinatal Screening, Diagnoses, and Fetal Therapies 88
5 Integrative Therapies in Pregnancy and Childbirth 107
Unit II Psychologic Implications of a High Risk Pregnancy
6 Psychologic Adaptations 128
7 Perinatal Death and Bereavement Care 149
Unit III Ethical Dilemmas and Legal Considerations in Perinatal Nursing
8 Ethical Decision Making 170
9 Legal Issues and Risk Management 181
Unit IV Health Disorders Complicating Pregnancy
10 Diabetes 200
11 Cardiac Disease 243
12 Renal Disease 258
13 Autoimmune Rheumatic Diseases 271
14 Venous Thromboembolic Disease 282
15 Pulmonary Disease and Respiratory Distress 289
Unit V Complications in Pregnancy
16 Spontaneous Abortion 311
17 Ectopic Pregnancy 331
18 Gestational Trophoblastic Disease 351
19 Placental Abnormalities 364
20 Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation 395
21 Hemolytic Incompatibility 402
22 Hypertensive Disorders 416
23 Preterm Labor and Multiple Gestation 460
24 Premature Rupture of Membranes 488
25 Trauma 500
Unit VI Teratogens and Social Issues Complicating Pregnancy
26 Sexually and Nonsexually Transmitted Genitourinary Infections 519
27 Substance Abuse 558
Unit VII Alterations in the Mechanism of Labor
28 Labor Stimulation 582
29 Dysfunctional Labor 610
30 Prolonged Pregnancy 660
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >