- Book News, Inc.
Manual of High Risk Pregnancy and Deliveryby Elizabeth S. Gilbert
The only book of its kind, Manual of High Risk Pregnancy&Delivery provides a complete resource for care of this special patient and her complex needs. It helps you provide positive outcomes with coverage of today's newest technology, physiologic considerations, psychologic implications, health disorders, and other complications in pregnancy. Written by/b>
The only book of its kind, Manual of High Risk Pregnancy&Delivery provides a complete resource for care of this special patient and her complex needs. It helps you provide positive outcomes with coverage of today's newest technology, physiologic considerations, psychologic implications, health disorders, and other complications in pregnancy. Written by noted educator and practitioner Elizabeth Stepp Gilbert, RNC, MS, FNP-BC, CNS, this book also describes how to screen for risk factors, provide preventive management, and intervene appropriately when problems arise. It's a concise, hands-on reference for both inpatient and outpatient settings!
- A consistent format makes this book a practical, hands-on reference in the clinical setting, presenting problems with the following headings: incidence, etiology, physiology, pathophysiology, and medical management.
- Comprehensive coverage includes physiologic considerations, fetal assessment, perinatal screening, ethical and legal issues, health disorders during pregnancy, complications, and labor and delivery issues.
- Up-to-date content includes integrative therapy, domestic violence, multiple gestation, genetics, nutrition, culture, risk management, and all the latest screening tools.
- A section on ethical and legal considerations covers ethical decision making, legal issues, and risk management.
- Updated evidence-based content includes the latest AHWONN standards of practice.
- Patient safety and risk management strategies include updated approaches to improving outcomes, reducing complications, and increasing patient safety during high risk pregnancy and delivery.
- New Venous Thromboembolic Disease chapter provides current information on this increasingly common condition.
- Information on the latest assessment and monitoring devices keeps you current with today's technology.
- Standardized terminology and definitions from the National Institute of Child Health&Human Development (NICHD) lead to accurate and precise communication.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 4 MB
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews