- Synopsis of Adult Cardiac Surgical Disease
- Diagnostic Techniques in Cardiac Surgery
- Preoperative Considerations and Risk Assessment
- Cardiac Anesthesia
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass
- Myocardial Protection
- Admission to the ICU and Monitoring Techniques
- Early Postoperative Care
- Mediastinal Bleeding and Its Management
- Respiratory Management
- Cardiovascular Management
- Fluid Management, Renal and Metabolic Problems
- Post-ICU Care and Other Complications
Appendix 1 Typical Preoperative Order SheetAppendix 2 Typical Orders for Admission to the ICU.
Appendix 3 Transfer Orders from the ICU.
Appendix 4 Typical ICU Flowsheet.
Appendix 5 Heparinization Protocol for Cardiac Surgery Patients.
Appendix 6 Hyperglycemia Protocol for Cardiac Surgery Patients.
Appendix 7 Doses of Parenteral Medications Commonly Used in the ICU and Their Modifications in Renal Failure.
Appendix 8 Doses of Nonparenteral Medications Commonly Used After Heart Surgery and Their Modifications in Renal Failure.
Appendix 9 Drug and Food Interactions with Warfarin (Coumadin).
Appendix 10 Definitions from the STS Data Specifications (2004).
Appendix 11 Technique of Thoracentesis.
Appendix 12 Technique for Tube Thoracostomy.
Appendix 13 Technique for Insertion of Percutaneous Tracheostomy Tube.
Appendix 14 Body Surface Area Nomogram for Adults.