Manual Physical Therapy of the Spine / Edition 1by Kenneth A. Olson
Pub. Date: 08/15/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
A hands-on, how-to approach helps you learn techniques and clinical problem-solving skills for treating spine and TMJ disorders! Written by a well-known authority on the subject of spinal manipulation in physical therapy, this book provides the information you need to make sound decisions during clinical interventions. An evidence-based impairment classification… See more details below
A hands-on, how-to approach helps you learn techniques and clinical problem-solving skills for treating spine and TMJ disorders! Written by a well-known authority on the subject of spinal manipulation in physical therapy, this book provides the information you need to make sound decisions during clinical interventions. An evidence-based impairment classification approach helps you provide the best outcomes for your patients. A companion DVD includes video clips demonstrating spinal examination and manipulation procedures. Specifically for physical therapists dedicated to spinal manipulation!
• Complete coverage meets the core curriculum needs of physical therapy students, and provides an excellent self-study tool for clinicians wanting to enhance their practice.
• Detailed information on treatment strategies and techniques includes evidence-based coverage of the examination and treatment of spine and TMJ disorders, with an emphasis on integration of manipulation and therapeutic exercise.
• A framework for completing a comprehensive exam includes medical screening, patient interview, disability assessment, and tests and measures, along with an evaluation of the examination findings and the principles involved in arriving at a diagnosis and plan of care.
• Narrated video clips on a companion DVD include step-by-step instructions of each procedure, plus a unique 3-dimensional perspective of over 80 spinal manipulations and procedures (frontal, lateral, and cranial views).
• A DVD icon in the book links the text discussion to the DVD.
• Case studies demonstrate the clinical reasoning used in manual physical therapy.
• Guide to Physical Therapist Practice terminology is used throughout the book, making the content easier to understand and promoting conformity in terminology.
• Clear photographs show essential concepts and procedures from multiple angles, illustrating hand and body placement and direction of force.
• A clear, consistent format makes this a convenient reference in the clinical setting.
• Lay-flat binding allows the text to lay open for ease of use.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.70(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.50(d)
Table of Contents
- Spinal Examination and Diagnostic Process in Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy
- Manipulation: Theory, Practice, and Education
- Examination and Treatment of Lumbopelvic Spine Disorders
- Examination and Treatment of Thoracic Spine Disorders
- Examination and Treatment of Cervical Spine Disorders
- Examination and Treatment of Temporomandibular Disorders
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >