Part I Basic Background.
1. History and Consumption Trends. (Ramesh C. Chandan).
2. Milk Composition Physical and Processing Characteristics. (Ramesh C. Chandan).
3. Regulatory Requirements for Milk Production, Transportation, and Processing. (Cary P. Frye).
4. Regulations for Product Standards and Labeling. (Cary P. Frye).
5. Basic Dairy Processing Principles. (Arun Kilara).
6. Starter Cultures for Yogurt and Fermented Milks. (Ebenezer R. Vedamuthu).
7. Laboratory Analysis of Fermented Milks. (Robet T. Marshall).
8. Fermented Dairy Packaging Materials. (Aaron L. Brody).
Part II Manufacturing of Yogurt.
9. Yogurt: Fruit Preparations and Flavoring Materials. (Kevin R. O’Reill and Ramesh C. Chandan).
10. Milk and Milk-Based Dairy Ingredients. (Isabelle Sodini and Phillip S. Tong).
11. Ingredients for Yogurt Manufacture. (Ramesh C. Chandan and Kevin R. O’Rell).
12. Principles of Yogurt Processing. (Ramesh C. Chandan and Kevin R. O’Rell).
13. Manufacture of Various Types of Yogurt. (Ramesh C. Chandan and Kevin R. O’Rell).
14. Plant Cleaning and Sanitizing. ( Dennis Bogart).
15. Yogurt Plant: Quality Assurance. (Ramesh C. Chandan and Kevin R. O’Rell).
16. Sensory Analysis of Yogurt. (Yonca Karagul-Yuceer and MaryAnne Drake).
Part III Manufacture of Fermented Milks.
17. Cultured Buttermilk. (Charles H. White).
18. Cultured/Sour Cream. (Bill Born).
19. Other Fermented and Culture-Containing Milks. (Ebenezer R. Vedamuthu).
Part IV Health Benefits.
20. Functional Foods and Disease Prevention. (Ramesh C. Chandan and Kevin R. O’Rell).
21. Health Benefits of Yogurt and Fermented Milks. (Nagendra P. Shah).
22. Probiotics and Fermented Milks. Nagendra P. Shah).