Many People, Many Faiths: Women and Men in the World Religions / Edition 8by Robert Ellwood, Barbara A. McGraw
Pub. Date: 06/28/2004
This classic, balanced introduction to world religion combines factual information with empathetic writing to capture the ever-evolving wonder, flavor, and beauty of the teachings, practices, and institutions of the world's diverse spiritual traditions and cultures. This edition has updates all chapters to include recent events, and all bibliographies to include new publications. Each chapter now contains a section called "Women in Religion" describing the role of the woman faith-by-faith. Each chapter features a section describing the experience of each faith's practitioners in the United States and summarizing the affect of that faith on larger American culture.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 8TH PKG
- Product dimensions:
- 7.20(w) x 10.20(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
2. The Sacred in Nature: Cosmic Religions of Prehistoric and Tribal Peoples.
3. Life Against Time: The Spiritual Paths of India.
4. Wisdom Embarked for the Farther Shore: The Journey of Buddhism.
5. Dragon and Sun: Religions of East Asia.
6. One God, Many Words and Wonders: The Family of the Three Great Monotheistic Religions and Zoroastrianism.
7. Keeping Covenant with God in History: The Unique Perspective of Judaism.
8. Spreading the Word of God in the World: The Growth of Christianity.
9. Submitting to the Will of God: The Building of the House of Islam.
10. Spirits Rising: New Religious Movements.
11. Looking Over the Spiritual Horizon: Religion Today and Tomorrow.
Appendix: Studying World Religions.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews