- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A lucid analysis of Mao as revolutionary general, ideologist and astute political manipulator, this introduction to the life and career of Mao Zedong provides an excellent introduction to modern Chinese history and its enigmatic protagonist.
List of Maps.
Note on Transliteration.
1. From Peasant to Power.
2. Establishing the New Political Order: Maoism and its Critics.
3. The First Major Cleavage: 1949-1957.
4. Towards the Cultural Revolution.
5. Launching the Cultural Revolution.
6. Mao and the World.
7. The Politics of De-Maoisation.
Bibliography of All Works Cited in the Text.