Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism / Edition 4by Philip Kotler
Pub. Date: 06/01/2005
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This hospitality marketing book is comprehensive and innovative, managerial and practical, state-of-the-art and real-world. Easy-to-read and user-friendly, it provides examples and applications that illustrate the major decisions hospitality marketing managers face in their efforts to balance objectives and resources against needs and opportunities in today's
This hospitality marketing book is comprehensive and innovative, managerial and practical, state-of-the-art and real-world. Easy-to-read and user-friendly, it provides examples and applications that illustrate the major decisions hospitality marketing managers face in their efforts to balance objectives and resources against needs and opportunities in today's global marketplace. An abundance of real-world examples and cases and experiential and internet exercises give users extraordinary insight into marketing situations they will actually encounter on the job.
Real-world in focus, topics reflect the authors' rich combination of both teaching and international consulting experience in the hospitality and travel industries. PART 1: Understanding the Hospitality and Tourism Marketing Process–Introduces the concept of hospitality marketing and its importance. PART 2: Developing Hospitality and Tourism Marketing Opportunities and Strategies–Explains the role of consumer behavior and how it affects the marketing environment. PART 3: Developing the Hospitality and Tourism Mix–Identifies and explains strategies for promoting products and the various distribution channels. PART 4: Managing Hospitality and Tourism Marketing–Highlights the latest trends in electronic marketing, destination marketing, and planning for the future.
For those with careers in hospitality, hotel, restaurant or tourism customer service or marketing.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.20(w) x 10.22(h) x 1.49(d)
Table of Contents
(NOTE: *Chapters 16 and 17 were renumbered from the 3rd edition.)
I. UNDERSTANDING THE HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MARKETING PROCESS.
1. Introduction: Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism.
2. Service Characteristics of Hospitality and Tourism Marketing.
3. The Role of Marketing in Strategic Planning.
II. DEVELOPING HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES AND STRATEGIES.
4. The Marketing Environment.
5. Marketing Information Systems and Marketing Research.
6. Consumer Markets and Consumer Buying Behavior.
7. Organizational Buyer Behavior and Group Markets.
8. Market Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning.
III. DEVELOPING THE HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MARKETING MIX.
9. Designing and Managing Products.
10. Internal Marketing.
11. Building Customer Loyalty through Quality.
12. Pricing Products: Pricing Considerations, Approaches and Strategy.
13. Distribution Channels.
14. Promoting Products: Communication and Promotion Policy and Advertising.
15. Promoting Products: Public Relations and Sales Promotion.
16. Professional Sales.*
IV. MANAGING HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MARKETING.
17. ElectronicMarketing: Internet Marketing, Database Marketing and Direct Marketing.*
18. Destination Marketing. 19. Next Year’s Marketing Plan.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >